Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 12: The Excuses

Ok, forgive me.  This whole blog is definitely an experiment in the making.  To write a post each day is proving to be quite a task.  I mean, for one thing, my life really isn't that interesting.  You know what I managed to do yesterday?  Nothing.  I have tons of excuses for my nothingness yesterday, but the cold fact is that I made no progress toward anything.  No inspiration progress, no financial progress, no health progress, nothing.  The only big thing I accomplished yesterday was sending out some emails for my wedding, which took me probably about 30 minutes total.

So what do we do with all those excuses?  How do we train our brain to stop making these "buts" and "what ifs" and "I can'ts"?  A friend of mine started this meditation routine recently, and he swears it started changing the energy around him within a day.  People stopped him and told him he was looking exceptionally nice, people who usually never said a word to him.  I am a believer in good and bad energy, so I can imagine what he told me was true.  But I still have that nagging voice in the back of my head saying "You can never get rid of me!  I'm too powerful now!  I have taken over your life, and I'm not letting go!  Ahahaha!"  How I would like to grab that little voice by the throat and squeeze it until its little eyes pop out!

All this is, of course, easier said than done, because "done" starts with "do."  I have to get off my ass and actually do those things I keep saying and wanting and needing.  It's proving a harder task than I thought after so many years of letting that little voice talk instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment