Monday, January 2, 2012

In the Beginning...

I feel like I've been blocked, creatively, for an eternity. Sure, I've been able to get a few things out here and there - a script here, a figurine there, a few cards in the middle - but I haven't been able to fully focus on one craft, one art, one direction in years. I miss that feeling...a lot! This current sensation of being made of sand as the wind whips me in every direction possible is not for the sane. It's time to stop drifting and follow a path.

Of course, that's a daunting task. After so many years of just following what the world hands me, it's a bit frightening to finally stand up and say "Hey, world, it's time for you to follow MY path!" The thought of all this does slightly terrify me to the very core of my bones. What direction do I even go? Am I being responsible or just a flighty flibbertigibbet? What will people think of me? How do I even start?

Well, this is it - my new blog, the first step in finding that focus. I have set a goal for myself, one of those pesky resolutions of the new year, you might say, but I see it more as a lifetime resolution. Each day I must do something creative. It may be something small like a doodle, or something big like a canvas painting. If for some reason I am blocked and can't come up with anything, I must find something inspirational and write about it. And each day's project must then be documented on this blog. (Today's task, by the way: creating and starting this blog.)

My journey to find my path has began. Fingers crossed it's a good one.

Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment